Xiamen International School is an independent, co-educational day school offering an English language Pre-kindergarten to Grade 12 university preparatory international curriculum for expatriate children. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of their academic abilities and on their ability to participate fully in the school’s programs. At XIS, we help your child realize his or her full potential and provide opportunities to be successful and excel, both academically and socially. Our supportive, diverse community means that every child is cared for in a kind and nurturing environment.
A focus of the XIS experience is academic excellence. XIS is authorized for all three International Baccalaureate (IB) Programs: the Primary Years (grades Pre-k through 5), Middle Years (grades 6 through 10) and Diploma (grades 11 and 12). In addition to academics, our creative arts and physical activities courses help your child become a well-rounded individual.
English is the language of instruction throughout the school and students must be able to function at an appropriate level in English for the academic work that is required of them. However, we recognize that many students come from homes where English is not their first language. Therefore, we offer a strong language support program for students, primarily in the lower school. At the middle school level we offer less intensive language support. XIS expects students enrolling for Grade 5 and above to have enough academic English to do the work necessary for their particular grade level. No formal English language support is provided for grades 9 through 12.
XIS does not have a separate program or the resources for students with significant learning difficulties and is therefore not able to accept such students. An Admissions Committee that includes the counselor, the appropriate school principal, and the Headmaster (who has final authority in admissions matters) makes decisions regarding the admission of students. Application forms are on line and in the Admissions Office. Admission is considered on a rolling basis, depending on the availability of space.
XIS is growing and we encourage you to contact us as soon as possible regarding space availability. We look forward to having you and your child visit us. Once here, our admissions staff will take you on a personal tour of the school and will answer all of your queries.
For more information or to schedule a campus tour please contact Julia Su, the admissions coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students may be admitted at any time during the school year. However, the school reserves the right to review admittance for program impact. High School student admitted after a specific date may not be granted credit. See calendar for specific dates.
- Application for admittance must include the student’s academic and health records before enrollment and placement procedures can be considered complete. Parents must submit a complete file (please see checklist below), translated into English, from the previous school.
- The admission’s officer will notify the Principal and the counselor when all application materials are completed. An appointment will be scheduled with the parents, student(s) and appropriate school personnel to conduct an initial assessment. The initial assessment of the child will be completed within five working days after the receipt all documents. Based on the assessment results, a determination will be made as to whether the child is accepted and what should be the appropriate grade level placement is for that child.
- If the determination is made that the child will be admitted, the child can generally attend school within two working days. It is the goal of the school to admit a child within seven working days from the date the documents are received. Full payment of fees is due within three working days after the admission date.
Please check the following list to make sure you have completed all necessary materials prior to the admissions interview.
- Official previous school records in English ( a minimum of two years required ), applicants for grade 1 should submit school progress reports as appropriate
- Official Immunization Record and Health History Statement signed by a doctor
- Copy of the passport statistics page, China Visa Stamp and residence permit for each student and parents
- Completed “XIS Student Application Form” ( Only the portion of “ Student Data”)
- Most recent, colored, individual passport size digital photo of each student and both parents in JPEG format (please email to email@example.com)
- 学生有可能在学年中的任何时候被学校录取。但是基于教学的考虑，学校有权决定最终是否录取该生。因学年中某些日期后入学的高中学生将无法获得相应学分。 具体日期请参照我校校历。
- 父母和学生的外籍护照首页、中国签证页及有效居留证的复印件 (港澳台同胞需提供：港澳身份证和港澳护照复印件；台胞证和中华民国护照复印件)
- 父母和学生的近期单人彩色电子照片 (护照尺寸，请以JPEG格式发送至juliasu@xischina.com.cn)